FAIRFORD Town moved into the top three in the Hellenic League Premier Division table after coming from behind to claim a 4-1 win at home to Holmer Green.

Jody Bevan’s side found themselves in arrears early on at Cinder Lane but managed to turn the game around before the break as Dan Bailey struck an equaliser before Connor Thompson put the hosts ahead.

Fairford then went through the gears after the restart and Thompson bagged his second of the game before Jamie Reid added extra gloss to the scoreline before the final whistle.

Boss Bevan conceded his side were given a big wake-up call in the early stages but was pleased by the performance of his troops once they hit their stride.

“I am happy to get the win in the end. We made very hard work of it after conceding so early,” said Bevan.

“To be 1-0 down after five minutes, it looked like it was going to be one of those days. We started very poorly – there was no fluency to our passing and we kept making basic errors.

“Credit to the lads, they kept plugging away and, eventually, we got a goal out of nothing.

“That seemed to settle us down and we got the second goal quite quickly afterwards. Once we got our noses in front, it was fairly comfortable.

“Going forwards, we know we can’t afford to be that sloppy at the start of games. We were miles off the pace in the opening 20 minutes.

“It was one where we got three points in a game where we didn’t play too great.”

Elsewhere, Shrivenham shared a 2-2 draw at home to Ardley United – although the hosts were grateful for Steve Robertson’s late strike for earning them a share of the spoils.

Tobias London put Ardley ahead the in the early stages but Nick Stanley restored parity before half-time.

Ardley were again first to strike after the break as London got his second goal of the game but Robertson spared Shrivvy’s blushes with another equaliser four minutes from time.

Royal Wootton Bassett Town fell to a 4-2 defeat at home to Windsor.

Excellence Mahumba put Windsor ahead but Bassett’s Alfie Presley made it 1-1 at the break.

The visitors then took control after the restart and efforts from Andrew Ingram, Kingsley Etefia and Luke Brooks-Smith pushed them three goals to the good.

Bassett were able to get a second goal of their own through TJ Bohane, although it proved little more than a consolation in the end.

In Division One West, Malmesbury Victoria remain at the top of the table despite falling to a 2-0 defeat away at Cheltenham Saracens.

Finally, New College’s tough start to the season continued with an 8-1 drubbing at Thornbury Town.