Louis Harvey celebrated his 15th birthday in style with a double podium finish in round nine and ten of the Rissington Kart Club Championships to all but secure the title.

After a few days representing Wera Tools at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, Malmesbury's Harvey stormed to victory in round nine and came second in round 10, setting the fastest lap of the day.

Unofficial figures indicate that Harvey has secured the Championship with two rounds to go.

Having missed Saturday practise due to his Goodwood commitment, Harvey was on the back foot and could only achieve seventh fastest, but managed to improve in timed qualifying securing the third fastest time.

Heat one saw Harvey lead by lap six. A late lunge from a chasing driver saw him pushed wide in the dog leg, allowing a train of karts to pass and dropped him down to sixth. Harvey clawed back a place and crossed in fifth.

In heat two, Harvey was leading by lap five but eventually crossed the line second.

Harvey started third on the grid for both round nine and 10.

Harvey started Final one well and settled into second and tried to work with the leader to push away. A smart move on lap 11 saw him take the lead which he maintained for the rest of the race to win round nine.

Harvey started final two with another clean get away and was leading by lap four.

On lap six, Harvey was passed by one of the chasing drivers so decided to tuck in behind him to try and push to create a gap between him and third. On lap 13, Harvey made the move and took the lead into the fourth corner. Carrying a bit too much speed, he allowed the other driver to make the undercut and they both headed down the straight side by side.

Harvey was forced on the grass and had to take evasive action to avoid an accident. The final lap saw Harvey push hard but he had the third placed driver right on his bumper. The last two corners saw the three drivers battle for supremacy but Harvey had to settle for third. The incident on the straight was reported by the Marshals and after a review, the offending driver was given a five second penalty - promoting Harvey to second.