BEN Whitehead had a penalty saved in the 90th minute as Yate Town won a controversial game at the Corinium Stadium. 

Whitehead gave the hosts the lead before the game seemed to turn on it's head within the space of a minute. 

Cirencester had a goal disallowed before David Sims-Burgess equalised. 

Yate turned the game on it's head through Nick Peare early in the second half and won it dramatically thanks to Alexis Andre Jr's penalty save. 

Charlie Griffin made one change for Cirencester as Jordan Morris came in for Adam Connolly. 

Paul Britton also made just one change as David Sims-Burgess started in place of Mayson Evans. 

The wind played it's part in making it very difficult for both teams. 

Chances were few and far between in the early exchanges. 

Nick Peare came close to opening the scoring in spectacular fashion on 22 minutes when his 30-yard half volley was tipped over by Mat Wieczorek. 

It was the hosts who opened the scoring on 29 minutes when Alan Griffin did brilliantly to hold the ball up before playing Whitehead through on goal and the striker bent the ball into the far corner. 

The game change within the blink of an eye. 

Cirencester thought they'd made it 2-0 when Whitehead prodded in Griffin's flick on but after a lengthy discussion with his assistant, the goal was ruled out for offside. 

Yate went straight down the other end and won a corner. Both teams were scrapping for it as it came in, Wieczorek got a punch but the ball went as far as Sims-Burgess on the edge of the box whose shot went through everyone and into the net. 

Cirencester were furious and felt Sims-Burgess handled the ball in trying to control it. 

It got worse for the hosts as Yate took the lead a minute into the second half when Peare got on the end of a cross and finished from close range. 

The Centurions responded well to going behind and looked the more likely. 

Griffin came close with an acrobatic volley from Tommy Anderson's cross but it just went over the bar. 

He forced Andre Jr into a good save six minutes later when he stung the palms of the on-loan Bristol Rovers keeper. 

It looked increasingly like it wasn't going to be Cirencester's day, especially after Whitehead had one cleared off the line with 11 minutes to go. 

Yate could have wrapped it up with three minutes to go when Josh Ford came close from just outside the area after a corner but his effort just missed the target. 

That was the beginning of the end though as the late drama commenced. 

Cirencester were awarded a penalty in the 90th minute Joe Guest was adjudged to have handled in the area. 

There was a long wait for the penalty to be taken as Guest was sent off and Andre Jr was down.

He eventually was given treatment and turned out to be Yate's hero as he saved Whitehead's penalty to ensure they came away with a crucial three points.