CIRENCESTER Town stretched their winless run to three games as they were held to a frustrating draw against Slimbridge.

The Centurions came from behind as Ben Whitehead and Jack Freeman struck either side of half time before Liam Smith equalised for Slimbridge with a stunning solo goal for the hosts.

Cirencester struck both the post and the bar in the second half but couldn’t find the winner.

Charlie Griffin welcomed back Alan Griffin, Baboucarr Jarra and Will Christopher from suspension and injuries respectively.

Slimbridge made three changes as Ioan Richards, Liam Smith and Mark Magee come in while Myron Turner, Finleigh Brown and Ewen Dunbar drop out.

The hosts couldn’t have started better if they tried. Liam Smith floated in a free-kick from the right which was only partially cleared, and Will Hawes pounced and volleyed Slimbridge into the lead after just two minutes.

Cirencester grew into the game but Slimbridge probably should have been 2-0 up on 18 minutes after Danny King missed a glorious opportunity when he headed wide from close range with the goal at his mercy.

The visitors' best chance of the first half came on 25 minutes when Aidan Bennett’s brilliant cross was met by the head of Tommy Anderson but the winger was denied by a brilliant save from Lewis Adams.

The equaliser came eight minutes before half time when Ben Whitehead picked up the ball 25 yards out and struck a first time shot into the bottom corner.

The ball swerved as it travelled towards goal which bamboozled Adams who could only watch as the ball hit the back of the net and the teams went in level at the break.

Cirencester started the second half strongly, Alexandru Albert came close with a header that just went over the bar.

They completed the turnaround on 57 minutes when Freeman swung in a free-kick from the right and it went through all the bodies and found its way into the bottom corner.

The visitors then took control and went in search of a third. Albert almost scored again as he headed against the post on the hour.

Just as it looked like Cirencester were in control, Slimbridge struck back and equalised thanks to a wonderful solo effort from Smith.

The midfielder picked up the ball on the edge of the area as Cirencester failed to clear their lines, he skipped past three defenders, evading sliding challenges before he slotted the ball into the far corner on 72 minutes.

The game was wide open and nicely poised. Cirencester pressed late on and were within inches of taking the lead again when Ellison Dunton’s header was cleared onto the crossbar with ten minutes to go.

Whitehead then stung the palms of Adams as the Centurions pushed for the winner but it proved to be a frustrating one for the visitors but Slimbridge will feel they deserved a point.