Cirencester bounced back from their defeat to Ross-on-Wye with a solid victory over Smiths Rugby on Saturday.

The game started with Smiths Rugby enjoying possession and Ciren struggling to get a foot hold in the game, from the pressure Smiths gained a penalty and took a 0-3 lead. When the home side did get the ball, they always looked threatening this was undone with numerous penalties for holding onto the ball on the floor. Finally, a smart blind side move involving the imposing figure of number eight Alex Hammond, who linked with the impressive full back Isoa Raione, who somehow fed the ball to winger Alex Moreing who was returning after a long injury lay off to crash over. As earlier in the half Smiths were pinning Ciren back with intelligent and accurate kicking this field position enabled them to add three points. Straight away Ciren hit back with three points of their own to make it 8-6.

From another Smiths infringement, Ciren fly-half and captain Ollie Newman kicked the ball into touch deep into the Smiths half with great throw from Ciren hooker Scott Cannon, and with a training ground move, Alex Hammond fed Alex Buchalik who broke tackles to score a great try.

The second half started with Ciren enjoying all the territory, but their good work was undone but some poor handling. But with one flowing move that resulted with a penalty close to the Smiths line, with great quick thinking the Cirencester prop Gareth Owen took quick tap penalty and scored from two metres out to make it 18-6.

Somewhat against the run of play, Smiths gained a 5m scrum which resulted in their first try of the game, which was converted 18-13.

At that point the spectators became restless as Smiths were still in the game. This sparked Ciren into life with a spell of five minutes that resulted in ten points, through a Newman penalty and a Ollie Gibson try who showed great pace and power to score. As the time was ebbing away Isoa Raione saw a tiniest of gaps and ran through the ruck to score, making the final score 35-13.

Luke Uzzell who had a fine game was awarded the man of the match accolade.

The result saw Cirencester move up to fourth place.