A short round-up of football in the area.

Purton Travelled to Chippenham to play a young Football ID Team who were one place above them in the league.

The away side went in to the match knowing that the three points were vital in continuing the rise up the table following their recent losses.

They started the match well and largely dominated possession of the ball, creating some good opportunities in the process.

That pressure from Purton paid off in the 35th minute as Daren Regis received the ball and went on a mazy run from the halfway line.

He beat three players and pulled the ball back for Jack Duckers to slot home for the opening goal.

At half time the hosts made a change in formation as they looked to bounce back from conceding in the first half.

A substitution in the forward positions then meant they had more attacking impetus.

It nearly brought them a goal as they caused Purton's defence plenty of problems.

However, the flow was stemmed when Duckers pounced for his second of the match.

He broke free of the defence and finished emphatically from 18 yards to double his tally.

The hosts did pull a goal back to make it 2-1, but the comeback ended there.

Bourton Rovers came in to their match away at Brimscombe and Thrupp with four of their key players missing through injury.

However that did little to stop Rovers in the opening exchanges as they took an early lead.

Eight minutes in, Josh Fielding finished beautifully from 15 yards out.

That man Fielding was again the star for Rovers on 20 minutes when he converted a penalty that he had won himself before Jake Forster made it 3-0 just after.

Despite having a man sent off thirty minutes from time, Rovers held on for the win and now face a trip to Tuffley Rovers at 3.00pm on Saturday.

Bourton Rovers 2nds again found themselves pitted against Bletchingdon with a full squad.

The home side took the lead on 30 minutes as the striker tapped in to the empty net.

Bourton then equalised 10 minutes in to the second half, as half-time substitute Adam Webbley found himself one-on-one with the goalkeeper. He kept his cool to slot the ball home.

Bletchingdon then won a penalty on the hour mark as they went 2-1 up to try and secure the three points.

The game then turned on one event, a red card for the home side which gave Rovers the chance to win it. Matt Rose then scored a worldie for 2-2 before he then netted the winner with the last kick of the game to cue wild celebrations for his team.