Dursley 21

Cirencester 17

Gloucester 1

Cirencester suffered back to back away defeats after falling to a narrow reverse away at Dursley.

With a picture-perfect day for rugby, Cirencester were in confident mood and looking to back up their last league victory over Southmead, with another away win against an improving Dursley side who have been, over recent seasons in the Stroud & District Cup, somewhat of a bogey side for Ciren.

The confidence became reality with Cirencester starting the game in hungry fashion dominating possession and territory, which was matched by some stubborn home defence. It took Ben Ramsey the Cirencester centre to intercept a Dursley pass to race 60m to score under the posts, with Joe Hammond converting 0-7.

This was followed by another Ramsey try out wide, stepping his way through the home defence to score making the score 0-12.

At this point in the game Cirencester were in control, but at times were wasteful in possession squandering further opportunities to score. They did eventually score their third try through captain Alex Hammond 0-17.

Crucially then the home side got a foot hold in the game scoring their first try down the blind side with some neat handling, making the half time score 7-17. Dursley were now playing down the slope and having been buoyed by their late first half score, started the second half with great intent, as Ciren did in the first half, starting to dominate possession and going onto score two more tries.

They kicked all their conversions to make that difference on the score board. This was just the second league defeat of the campaign for Cirencester moving them off the top spot down to fifth, but with just three points between five clubs.

Elsewhere, Cirencester second XV continued their winning streak with a comprehensive 12-82 win away at Minchinhampton. The visitors took control from the start with strong running and good support play leading to tries, with the mercurial boot of Mikey Howells adding extras at will, going into half time with a 40-point lead.

The second half became a more fractured affair, however, at no stage did Cirencester outfit look in the mood to allow the home side back in the game and each time they got points the visitors went back downfield and scored again.