A WOMAN has been rescued from a house fire in Cirencester today. 

Fire services were called out to Beech Grove in Cirencester at 1.05pm after reports of a fire. 

Three fire services, one from Tetbury, Cirencester and Fairford, attended the scene where they 'rescued' the woman. 

The woman was treated by an ambulance for smoke inhalation. 

Crews used a hose reel, two breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilator.

The fire was located in the kitchen area of a private flat. 

Initial reports of a fire that began in the microwave were correct.

It is not yet known how much damage was caused.