WHEN we got at them we were good value for the win, but for the first 20 minutes or half an hour we went about it like a pre-season game.

Despite their league position I thought Oxford started brightly. They have brought in a couple of players and they were in unbeaten in four.

But we thought they were square and slow at the back and it was something we eventually exploited.

Obviously, getting our noses in front with two goals just before half-time totally changed my team talk.

I still told them that playing against ten men in the second half had no bearing because only about six of ours turned up in the first half.

In the second half, we went about it in the right way.

Obviously, the key moments were the sending off and the free kick which set up our second goal.

For me, they were two ill-timed tackles and two yellows and they can have no argument about it. Once the lad was on a yellow, to pull down Browner in the centre circle with four defenders in blue and white behind him was daft.

They had more to whinge about with the free kick from which Sys scored just on half-time.

It looked a soft one, but we have had a lot of bad decisions go against us recently so we will just take it and smile. Maybe our luck is turning. It is about time, we were down to the bare bones again and had to use five Development Team lads on the bench.

Nathan Davies is, of course, still out injured. Lyndon Tomkins came off in the FA Trophy game against Weymouth with damaged ankle ligaments but the swelling has gone down well and he could be available for the Hednesford match.

Paul Banks has injured his medial knee ligament but being a young lad is probably only out for a couple of weeks.

Matt Jack missed the Oxford game due to work commitments, while Rob Hoskin was fit to play but went down with a bug on the morning.

Matt Walsh said he was available for training and the game after his injury but failed to show up for either so I have stopped chasing him Zak Westlake is very close to being back in contention for a place.