Guests at a Cotswold pub were evacuated last night following a chimney fire.

Firefighters were called to the Cat and Custard Pot in Shipton Moyne, where a wooden beam was damaged during the fire on Tuesday evening.

A tweet from Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS) last night stated: "Crews and fire safety team will continue to re-inspect to ensure all is safe overnight.

"All guests have been rehoused for safety."

Advice on how to prevent chimney fires on the GFRS website states: "GFRS attend around 300 chimney fires per year some of these result in serious damage to the property.

"If you have a chimney in your home make sure it is clean and safe for use. Poorly maintained chimneys, hearths and fireplaces can increase the risk of fire breaking out in your home.

"Chimney fires are usually started when high temperatures or flames from a very hot fire extend into the appliance outlet or flue and the ignition of the combustible deposits within, occurs."