Garden furniture was set on fire at Sir William Romney's school in Tetbury at the weekend.

Firefighters arrived on the scene shortly after 6.15pm on Saturday after being alerted by a member of the public.

A video posted on social media showed a bench next to the school well ablaze, but the fire was quickly extinguished.

The firefighters left the scene an hour later.

A spokesperson for Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called by a member of the public to reports of a fire at Sir William Romney School in Tetbury.

"One crew from Tetbury attended and used one hose reel to extinguish a fire affecting a bench and pergola."