Anti-lockdown protester Debbie Hicks has been arrested after allegedly filming a video at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital.

Hicks - who was one of the organisers of Stroud Freedom Rally in November - shared the video on social media and claimed it showed that the hospital was not busy with Covid patients.

The 46-year-old, who also spoke at the November rally, posted the video to Facebook on Sunday, saying that it showed that the hospital was not at all busy, and questioning why the county had been placed into Tier 3.

The video has since been shared more than 4,000 times.

In response, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust issued a statement saying: "Contrary to what you may have seen through secret filming, our hospitals are and remain extremely busy.

"We are currently caring for more than 200 patients with Covid-19, including many who require treatment in our critical care departments and a further 500+ non-Covid patients who need our care and expertise.

"Filming patients who are waiting in A&E without their consent is both intrusive and upsetting as maintaining patient confidentiality is key to our hospitals being a safe space for you to receive the care you need."

Hicks was arrested in connection with the incident on Tuesday.

The arrest was filmed by her husband and Hicks shared it on her Facebook page. Hicks can be seen at the top of the stairs in her dressing gown, arguing with police officers before being led out of the house along the garden path.

A spokesperson for Gloucestershire police said: "Following a number of reports in relation to a video filmed by a member of the public at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital and posted online, officers arrested a 46-year-old woman on suspicion of a public order offence.

"The woman has been bailed to return to police on January 21, with conditions that she cannot enter any NHS premises or the grounds of any such premises, unless in the case of an emergency or to attend a pre-arranged NHS appointment."

Hicks was also arrested at the Stroud Freedom Rally, held in Stratford Park. Police later said the organisers face a fine of £10,000 for breaching coronavirus legislation on public gatherings.