THE M5 MOTORWAY (JUNCTION 7 TO JUNCTION 8) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2017Notice ID: MF0254005
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984-SECTION 14(1)(a) THE M5 MOTORWAY (JUNCTION 7 TO JUNCTION 8) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2017
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Highways England Company Limited (Company No. 9346363) has made an Order on the M5 Motorway, in the Counties of Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, to allow the installation of an electronic detector system to be carried out. The effect of the Order will be to close, at different times, -
1) the southbound carriageway of the M5 from its junction with the exit slip road at Junction 7 to its junction with the entry slip road at Junction 8;
2) the northbound carriageway of the M5 from its junction with the exit slip road at Junction 8 to its junction with the entry slip road at Junction 7;
3) any slip road leading to or from the M5 at Junction 7;
4) the entry slip road leading to the southbound carriageway of the M5 at Junction 8;
5) the entry slip road leading to the northbound carriageway of the M5 at Junction 8; and
6) the slip roads leading to and from the M5, to and from Strensham Motorway Services Area.
The work will be carried out overnight between 22:00 hours and 05:30 hours and is expected to start on Monday 8 January 2018 and continue for 4 nights. The Order will come into force on 5 January 2018. Vehicles being used for police, fire and rescue authority or ambulance purposes, vehicles being used in connection with the works or for winter maintenance works and vehicles being driven by a traffic officer will be exempt from the closures. Diversion routes via alternative junctions of the M5 and via the A4440, the A38 and the M50, and vice versa will be signed. For further information please contact Richard Gulliver on 0300 470 3037.
Karen Eustace, an Officer in Highways England Company Limited. Highways England Company Limited (Company No. 9346363) registered office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, GUI 4LZ. A Company registered in England and Wales.