Evo-Stik Southern Premier.

Cirencester Town 0, St Albans City 2.

TWO poacher’s goals from Chris Henry in the first half were enough to extend St Albans City's unbeaten run to 12 at the Corinium Stadium.

But Cirencester Town will wonder how they managed to get nothing out of a game in which they created a host of chances.

Scott Griffin had a couple of opportunities before the visitors went ahead. Firstly, he had an acrobatic effort from a corner which went over the bar and then he was denied by the quick reactions of keeper Nick Jupp, who also pounced on the follow-up from Jon Else.

Against the run of play, St Albans went ahead, a defence-splitting pass finding Howard Newton on the right and his cross into the six-yard box provided an easy tap-in for the unmarked Henry.

Subsequently, from a half-cleared Ciren corner, James Mortimer-Jones arced a header towards the top corner, but it was tipped over the bar by Jupp.

In virtually the next move, St Albans went up the other end and Henry finished coolly inside the six-yard box in the 32nd minute to make it 2-0.

Ciren still had two great chances to score before the interval. Griffin was put through in a one-on-one and although he slid his shot past Jupp, it also went the wrong side of the post. Then Aiden Bennett proved a little impetuous with a difficult volleyed chance off a high dropping ball in the area, putting his shot way over the bar.

It was again all Ciren at the start of the second half. A free kick from the halfway line by Jamie Reid was headed on by Jamie Dunn and Ellis Dunton appeared to have timed his run to perfection at the back post. But he failed to get a clean header away and the ball was safely clutched by Jupp.

After good work on the right, Mortimer-Jones laid a nice ball to Else 20 yards out, only for his first-time shot to curl just over the bar. Zak Westlake then tried his luck from the edge of the box after a mazy run from the halfway line, but again Jupp was up to the task, tipping the ball over before he got down well at his near post to smother a long-range effort from substitute Jody Bevan.

Westlake was again denied late on, this time when his shot from 20 yards was blocked near the line, with a suspicion of handball from the St Albans defender.

Then, as the game drew to a close, Henry had a glorious chance to complete his hat-trick, but his shot was saved well by the legs of young keeper Charles Steward.

Cirencester Town: Steward, Bennett, Dunton, Reid, Davies (Pitt, 80), Dunn, Turk, Mortimer-Jones (capt), Westlake, Griffin (Bevan, 73), Else (Russell, 73).

MoM: Jamie Reid.