SWINDON Town brought their winless streak to an abrupt end with a clinical 3-0 win over Crewe Alexandra. 

David Flitcroft opted to make three changes from the team who were beaten 3-2 by Colchester United at the Energy Check County Ground.

James Dunne returned to the fray in the centre of midfield, while Paul Mullin and top-scorer Luke Norris are also re-introduced.

After making a solid yet unspectacular start to the fixture in Cheshire, they found themselves 3-0 up within the first 20 minutes.

Matty Taylor gave Flitcroft’s troops their first glimpse of goal when his free-kick caused all sorts of trouble from the right, before being turned in for a corner.

Kayine Woolery chalked up another goal on his tally for the season when he bundled the ball over the line in the nineth minute, following some great work from Keshi Anderson.

The on-loan Crystal Palace man used the defender Perry Ng to mask his curled effort towards the far post.

After striking the upright, Anderson’s shot bounced into the path of Woolery who couldn’t miss from a matter of yards.

From here the visitors grew in confidence and soon doubled their advantage when Amine Linganzi headed past Been Garratt in the 16th minute of the game.

The free-kick, delivered by Taylor, was in a similar position to his earlier in the half but this time he found his man as the midfielder found the back of the net.

In the 19th minute Anderson’s positive run was rewarded with a penalty after he was felled by Ng, allowing Norris, who returned to the starting XI, to drill the ball low into the bottom left corner.

As expected, the game slowed down in the remaining 25 minutes, but the Wiltshire side remained in control as the first half ended 0-0.

The second half saw Swindon nearly bag a fourth when Woolery’s driven run and shot hit the post, while Norris was unable to convert the rebound.

David Artell was the first manager to make a change as he swapped Charlie Kirk for George Cooper in the 55th minute.

James Dunne came close to adding a fourth for Swindon when his free-kick rattled against the bar, just before Flitcroft made his first change, bringing on Kellan Gordon for goalscorer Norris.

From here Swindon remained in control of the game as they slowed down the play to see out an impressive away win.