In Division One of the M4 Karting Cirencester & District League, South Cerney's title hopes were dented when their recent winning run was brought to an end in a 2-1 home defeat against Poulton.

The visitors took a fifth minute lead through Chris Mulcock, but James Haywood equalised. However, Mulcock's second just before the interval secured the points.

Archie Day of Bibury Reserves was also on the scoresheet twice in his side's 3-2 win at home to Siddington Sports – Stephen Pitt also scored for the hosts. The visitors twice drew level but Day's second goal clinched a narrow win.

There was another close game at Oaksey where Danny Gudger gave Beeches an early lead, only for Oaksey to hit back midway through the half through Robin Collier.

After the break Oaksey dominated and Jake Peglar and Dan Pike put them in control.

Mitchell Stone's strike for the visitors was too late to affect the result.

There were some close games in Division Two, where Kingshill Sports' 100 per cent record was threatened by Oaksey Reserves, who with the wind behind them failed to take advantage of their first half opportunities.

Scott Reynolds and Sean Wiltshire put Kingshill 2-0 up early into the second half, and although Oaksey pulled a goal back through Simon Rose, Kingshill held on to take the points. Leaders Siddington Sports Veterans beat South Cerney Reserves 2-1 to remain in title contention.

CHQ United Reserves consolidated third spot with a 3-1 victory over Minety, their goals coming from Mani Randhawa (2) and Andy Easton. Tony Hammersley claimed the visitors' consolation. Ashton Keynes lost ground on the leading pack despite hitting three goals through Alex King (2) and Ash Edwards at Down Ampney. The home side scored three times themselves to claim a point.

The first finalist of the league's cup competitions is known after CHQ United beat Stratton United 5-1 in the CIA Arthur Shipway Memorial Cup semi final played at Fairford Town last Thursday evening.

For the victors, Joe Blackford netted twice, and the other goals were scored by Jamie Morse, Fabian Daniels and Matt Townsend. Stratton`s consolation goal came from Andy Hester.