OAKSEY beat basement side Stratton United 5-0 and with the visitors having only four games left to play and being six points adrift of safety, the relegation trapdoor from Division One of the M4 Karting Cirencester & District League beckons.

United had an early goal ruled out for offside, but they had no answer to Oaksey's attack, with Mark Lane scoring two excellent direct free-kick, Danny Pike also getting a brace and substitute Jack Pinnell completing the scoring. Young referee Jake Holmes was excellent in the middle.

Poulton's title hopes suffered a blow when they were beaten 3-1 at home by The Beeches.

Danny Gudger with two goals and an own goal by Poulton's Ray Prior did the damage, and although John Dawson pulled a goal back with 15 minutes to go, the home side were unable to salvage anything from the game.

South Cerney took advantage of CHQ Utd's inactivity after their game at Real Fairford was postponed, by increasing their lead at the top of the table to four points following a hard fought 2-1 home win over Siddington Sports.

Reigning champions CHQ do have two games in hand.

Bibury Reserves faint title hopes have now probably gone after they were held 3-3 at home to Lechlade. Craig Donnan gave Bibury an early lead, but Jason Cobb equalised shortly afterwards. An individual goal from Ollie Waite put the visitors ahead, but the home side struck back through Archie Day.

A fine header from Rahim Moussa gave Lechlade the advantage once more, only for Matt Brunton to restore parity with a direct free kick.

All the goals came in the first half, and despite chances being created by both sides in the second, a winner could not be found.

In Division Two, current leaders Siddington Sports Veterans easily overcame visitors Tetbury Town III with a 7-0 victory. They scored five in the first half through Jon Reeves (2), Mark Smith (2) and Richard Walsh, as well as striking the bar three times. In the second half, a penalty from Reeves gave him a hat-trick, and Scott Edenborough's powerful header completed the scoring.

Kingshill Sports' 100 per cent league record was maintained with a 4-1 victory at Down Ampney, and Ashton Keynes' outside title hopes were ended with a 2-0 defeat at CHQ Utd Reserves.

As we enter the final six weeks of the season, the title is now between Siddington's Veterans and Kingshill Sports, but those sides just below the top two could have an important role to play in this period.