Wootton Bassett U11s 0.

Fairford U11s 11 (eleven).

JIMMY WHITEMAN staked a claim to the fastest goal of the season when scoring after less than 10 seconds in Fairford's U11s clash with Wootton Bassett.

Even more remarkably, Fairford had to retrieve the ball after Bassett kicked off.

Dan Ollson made the original interception, then it was a pass, a dribble, a one-two, and then finally a shot from Jimmy which put the Reds in front!

Josh Mason scored another goal two minutes later before Ollson bagged two more to make it 4-0 at half time.

Second half goals from Whiteman (2), Dan O, Louis Jones, Josh, Niall Cusack and new signing Lilly-Anne completed a fine performance.

Stratton U16s 2

South Cerney U16s 2

THE visitors were on the front foot from the start and went 1-0 up within a few minutes after a defensive mistake left their striker in on goal and he finished well.

Stratton huffed and puffed for the next 20 minutes but then sparked into life and Ashley Organ levelled to continue his fine scoring form. The rest of the half was a pretty even affair. Stratton started the second half well and took the lead after five minutes courtesy of a curling drive from outside the box by man-of-the-match Jamie Jel.

Stratton continued to push and came close on several occasions, before South Cerney broke free and levelled with 20 minutes to go, after the Stratton defence stopped for an offside that never was.

The rest of the match was end-to-end stuff with both sides going close.

Stratton were missing four key players on the day but all those who played did themselves proud.

Stratton U14s (blue) 2

Wootton Bassett Town U14s 4

AN EVENLY contested first half finished with the visitors taking a 1-0 lead, Jack Sheridan and an own goal gave the home side hope but the visitors ran out winners with four different scorers hitting the target.

Rodborough U14s 5

Avonvale United U14s 3

VALE’S U14’s travelled to Rodborough on a very blustery day for this Stroud Youth League fixture and being only their second game of the year due to the excessively wet spell Vale looked rusty and conceded with only two minutes gone.

However, after a good period of pressure Vale found an equaliser from a looping shot over the keeper by Jordan Newman.

The home side responded quickly and scored three times in five minutes.

Vale then pulled a goal back before the break from the head of Theo Martin.

The second period was a good deal tighter with Vale having much of the play and with 10 minutes remaining they reduced the deficit thanks to Adam Gale.

But Rodborough rounded the game off in the closing moments on the break.

Vale MoM: Adam Foster and Ewan Hart.