STRATTON U11s finally got points on the board with an encouraging performance.


Stratton U11s 1

Highworth U11s 0

They started quickly and went ahead with 40 seconds on the clock when Barney Kimber rounded the goalkeeper and slotted home. Stratton were the dominant force, leaving usually busy keeper George Tanner an onlooker.

Despite creating chances the second goal never came but Stratton did enough.

All players did well especially Harry Dyer at centre back and Charlie Grace in midfield.

STRATTON U8S game was due to be played at Swindon Supermarine but due to a waterlogged pitch was played at Baunton Lane, where Ollie Potter scored the home side's two goals.

Stratton U13s 2

Swindon Supermarine U13s 2

A BRILLIANT start to 2014 for the U13s who took a point with a good all-round team performance

versus top-of-the-table opponents.

Alfie Jones opened the scoring for the home side, but Declan Cook soon equalised.

MoM Jack Tysom regained the lead but Taylor Gara levelled for the visitors.

This was only the third time this season the visitors had dropped any points, and leaves their position at the top vulnerable.

Stratton U15s 2

Liden C White U15s 0

STRATTON started the New Year with this 2-0 victory over Liden Community White.

From the off you could tell the home side hadn't played since early December, sloppy play and a lack of match fitness made this a very even contest.

Stratton scored both their goals in a five-minute spell at the end of the first half. Firstly Robbie Webster knocked in a Ben Knowles cross. Knowles scored the second goal himself with a fine individual effort, cutting inside from the left and neatly finishing inside the far post.

The second half continued much the same as the first with both keepers having solid games. Neither side could manage to add to the score, giving Stratton the three points and moving them into clear second in the table.

MoM: Jack Hollins.

Stratton Youth U16s 9

Chiseldon U16s0

CHISELDON had only nine players, but those nine did their club justice with a battling performance.

The Stratton passing game never really got going, although they were 2-0 up inside the first ten minutes with a couple of well-taken Alfie Smith goals.

The impressive James Pitt also bagged himself a hat-trick with some cool finishes.

Robbie Hunter was given time and space to score with a sweet strike from outside the box. Captain Harry Rogers added another to make it 7-0 at the break.

Stratton took their foot off the gas in the second half and Chiseldon had their chances. Stratton did add two more goals, one from Chris Hicks and one from Callum Fallows, both defenders playing as strikers as a treat!

MoM: Gustav Pederson.