Evo-Stik Div 1 South & West.

Evesham United 0 Cirencester Town 0.

CIRENCESTER TOWN can feel a little hard down by that they did not come away from the Jubilee Stadium with all three points after an entertaining tussle.

Evesham fielded a quartet of Ciren old boys in Matt Sysum, Carl Brown, Marcus Palmer and Jared Wilson, while the visitors gave debuts to former Slimbridge captain Shane Anson at right back and Academy winger Josh Morse.

Ciren carved out the first real opportunity of the game in the tenth minute when a good run and cross from Morse was met by Sam Collier, whose glancing header whistled just past the post.

Three minutes later, Anson made a great run from defence down the right and his inch-perfect cross to Morse was met with a thunderous shot which was deflected for a corner.

From the resulting Wells set piece, the visitors almost went ahead as Ellis Dunton crashed a powerful header against the bar.

As Ciren continued to dominate, a long, raking Wells pass in the 27th minute found Morse, who beat three defenders to the byline before picking out Collier. The striker got his shot away but Evesham keeper Tom Cross made a save.

Wells and Morse combined well again, this time the debutant's drive was tipped over for a corner.

Cirencester were playing great football with Wells commanding the midfield and before the break they had two further chances – Leigh Henry heading just over the bar from a corner and Scott Griffin taking an opportunist shot from the halfway line after seeing the keeper way off his line.

In the second half, Ciren played into a stiff wind but again made the running.

Morse hit a ferocious shot which was deflected for a corner and then in the 56th minute, after a tremendous 60-yard run from Wells, he fed Aidan Bennett who hammered a right-footed shot which Cross did well to push over the bar.

Anson was enjoying a dream debut with well-timed tackles, while breaking forward at every opportunity, and Henry and Chris Thompson were solid at the back when called upon.

Ciren’s final chance to win it came in the 76th minute when Collier's goalbound header from a Wells free kick was well saved by Cross.

The game ended with a full scale skirmish between the sides after a foul by Dunton which resulted in booking for five players.

Cirencester Town: Garner, Anson, Dunton, Thompson, Henry, Mortimer-Jones, Wells, Bennett, Collier, Griffin (Shepherd, 75), Morse. Unused subs: Beeden, Washbourne, Hooper, Hawkins.