Cirencester man appears in court following scissor attack
5:10pm Wednesday 1st February 2012 in News
A 21 year old Cirencester man accused of repeatedly stabbing another man with scissors last month has denied that he was at the scene of the incident, a judge was told today.
Farris Thomas made a brief preliminary appearance before Gloucester crown court today charged with wounding Michael Greenaway, 23, with intent to do grievous bodily harm on Jan 21.
Prosecutor Mary Harley told the court "He said in interview that he was not there and it was not him. The matter will be denied."
She asked for a timetable to be set for progress towards trial.
Mrs Harley suggested that a plea and case management hearing should be held on 29th March for the trial details to be finalised But Jon Holmes, defending, asked for a fourteen day adjournment so he could take further instructions from Thomas before any further dates are set Judge Jamie Tabor QC agreed and adjourned the case till Feb 15.
"This is so you can have a proper chat with your solicitor and we can then see where the wind blows and the land lies," the judge told Thomas.
The 21-year-old, of London rd, Cirencester, is accused of carrying out the scissor attack in London road.
The alleged victim sustained wounds around his eye and puncture wounds to his arms and body.