Historic South Cerney village hall re-thatched
ONE of the Cotswolds’ most historic buildings is prepared for everything the winter elements can throw at it as the roof of South Cerney’s village hall was re-thatched.
The Grade II listed building, thought to be the only thatched village hall in Gloucestershire, was built as an agricultural barn several hundred years ago and was donated to the village for conversion into a village hall in the 1920’s.
Although the Village Hall Committee had a sum of money saved up for the work, a further £20,000 was needed, which was provided thanks to a generous grant of £13,832 from the Gloucestershire Environmental Trust Company and landfill tax contributions from Cory Environmental.
Comments are closed on this article.