Exploding freezer causes house fire
8:15pm Saturday 15th September 2012 in News
AN EXPLODING freezer caused a house fire in Gloucestershire today.
Firefighters were called to the home at Station Road, Churchdown, after a distressed woman called to report that her freezer had exploded.
On arrival, a crew from Gloucester North was confronted with smoke coming from the utility room of the property.
They battled the flames with a hose reel and breathing apparatus and fully ventilated the property once the fire had been extinguished.
The crew was at the scene for 50 minutes.