ONE of the main roads into the Cotswolds will be closed overnight from August 13 while roadworks are carried out.
The A417 from the Air Balloon roundabout to the Burford Road junction in Cirencester will be closed from 8pm to 6am from Monday August 13 to Saturday November 3.
Works to be carried out include surfacing, studding and white lining works. The works will be phased to minimise disruption and will include closure of:
• Both carriageways of the A417 trunk road between the Air Balloon roundabout and the A429 Burford Road junction Cirencester.
• The southbound and northbound entry and exit slip roads at the A417 Quarry junction.
• The southbound exit slip road and the northbound entry slip road at the A417 Burford Road junction.
The following diversions will be in place during the overnight closures:
• Southbound traffic will be diverted from the Air Balloon roundabout to travel east along the A436 and A40 to join the A429 near Northleach and travel south to the A417 Burford Road junction.
• Northbound traffic will be diverted at the Burford Road junction to follow the above diversion in reverse to reach the Air Balloon roundabout.
• Traffic wishing to join the A417 at the Quarry Road junction will be diverted via Stratton and Cirencester to the Burford Road junction to either continue south or join the northbound diversion
The closures and diversion routes will be clearly signposted during the works period.