Kempsford & Whelford
- KEMPSFORD Brownies meet on Tuesday evenings in term time from 6pm-7.30pm in the village hall and (unlike the national trend) we have space for more Brownies to come and join us. Any girl aged 7-11 is welcome to come and see what being a Brownie is all about. For more information please ring Brown Owl (Donna Kent) on 01285 810730.
- KEMPSFORD Church of England Primary School has just received a “Good” OFSTED report showing a marked improvement from the previous one. Well done to all staff and pupils for that achievement.
- THE village litter pick has been organised for Sunday, May 21. Meet at the village hall car park at 10am. Volunteers will be issued with gloves, litter-pickers, black bags and hi-viz vests if required. We aim to finish by 1pm and then re-convene at The George for light refreshments. There will also be a second start at 11am (for new arrivals) and if there is sufficient demand another group will start from Whelford Village Hall at 10am. Further information from Philip Nickson on 810466.
- THE League of Friends of Fairford Hospital wish to thank all collectors and residents of Kempsford for their wonderful support in raising a record £1,103 for the League from the recent House to House collection.
- CHURCH service for Sunday, May 21 is a Family Service led by Rob Mitchell at 10am at St.Mary’s Kempsford.
0744 350 0744
- A DEFIBRILLATOR training session will be held on Saturday, May 20 between 10am and 1pm in the Farmor Room of Fairford Community Centre. If you would like to attend, please contact the Town Council on 01285 713326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TRY Dinghy Sailing at Bowmoor Sailing Club Open day on Saturday, May 20 between 10.30am and 3.30pm at Coln Park Lake between Fairford and Lechlade. Sign up for a sail at bowmoor.co.uk/joinus/comeandtry
- FAIRFORD Pre-School invite you to a Wine Tasting Evening on Saturday, May 20 at 8pm at Fairford Community Centre. Taste at least 10 wines from a variety of different countries, learn how wine is made, explore new grapes/regions to find exciting new discoveries and, most importantly, meet and socialise with other adults (without children running around!) Tickets £15 per person (this includes wine and cheese/nibbles).
- HAPPY’S Circus returns to Fairford on Sunday, May 21 at Fairford Primary School. A fun packed comedy show for all the family. Gates open at 1pm with the show starting at 2pm. Tickets cost £10 each (under 3s go free) and are available from Fairford Primary School, Fairford Community Centre or 7a Coffee Shop. More details from happyscircus.co.uk
- ON SUNDAY, May 21, there will be a service in support of Christian Aid Week at 6pm in Fairford United Church with a retiring collection. If you would like to offer to help with any of the events during Christian Aid Week or require more details, please contact Sarah Bottomley on 01285 712074.
- THE Annual General Meeting of The League of Friends of Fairford Hospital is on Monday, May 22 at 7pm in Fairford Hospital. The guest speaker is Dr Andy Beale, Consultant Radiologist at Great Western Hospital. Dr Beale’s talk will be 'X-Rays at Fairford and the Onward Pathways.' Tea and coffee will be served.
- THE next meeting of Fairford & Lechlade Business Club will be on Wednesday, May 24 (a change from the previously advertised Thursday May 25) at 7.30pm at The Old Swan Inn, Lechlade GL7 3AP. Guest speaker will be Gail Gibson, winner of the Most Innovative Business of the Year 2017. For more information about the Club please contact Chris Roberts on 01285 712150 or email email@example.com. You can register to attend the meeting at www.flbc.org.uk/events
- PRIOR to the Fairford & Lechlade Business Club meeting on Wednesday, May 24, members can enjoy a free behind-the-scenes tour of the Lechlade Festival site courtesy of festival director, Jennie Rainsford. Starting at 6pm from the Riverside Park car park, please wear sensible footwear. You can register to attend the tour at flbc.org.uk/events
- FIND out about future developments for Fairford at the Fairford Annual Town meeting on Thursday May 25 starting at 7pm in the Farmor Room, Fairford Community Centre.
- LECHLADE Art Society will hold a spring exhibition of work in the function room at the New Inn over the Bank holiday weekend from May 27-29. There will be no private view this year. From 10am-6pm Saturday/ Sunday and Monday from 10am-4pm.
- ON SUNDAY, May 21 Lechlade Community Cinema will screen ‘The Light Between Oceans,’ cert 12A, in the Pavilion at 7.30pm. Lechlade Pavilion has a recently installed a 3m wide screen. Come at 7pm for refreshments. The funds raised will be used to support the project to build the new Memorial Hall. If you wish to reserve a seat contact 01367 253633. Tickets are £3.
- A LOVE Lechlade Extravaganza will take place over the weekend from Friday, May 19 to Sunday, May 21. Friday will feature a ‘Call my Bluff style Wine’ tasting with Jane Sullivan. On Saturday Phillip Allwood of Moore Allen Auctioneers and Valuers will be offering antiques valuations for £5 per item. Also on Saturday from 2pm-4.30pm there will be a Charity Tea Dance in the Grand Marquee on Lechlade recreation ground, hosted by Simon Paul of Thames School of Dancing. Tea and cakes will be provided by Lechlade W.I. Tickets for the dance cost £10 per person, and are available from Lechlade Post Office or Simon on 01367 253633. If you just want to listen and watch other people on the dance floor, tickets are £5. On Saturday evening there is a dance with the Ukey D’Ukes, a 10 piece ukulele band. Entry is £10 with a bar and mobile catering. While on Sunday there is an afternoon Hog roast fete and dog show. Tickets from the Post Office or Sue Coakley on 01367 253306 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- VISIT 10 hidden gardens of Lechlade on Saturday, June 3 from 2pm- 6 pm. Some of the gardens will be open to the public for the first time. Roving tickets are £5 (children under 16 free), with a map and list of gardens available in advance from Lechlade Post Office and from open gardens on the day. Information and tickets are also available in advance from Helen Jones on 01367 252402 or email@example.com and Phil Tubbs on 01367 253762 or firstname.lastname@example.org