- THE Rogation Day service is being held at Yanworth Barn near St Michaels Church this Sunday, May 21 at 10.30am. Members of Chedworth Silver Band will be playing the hymns. The band also played at a successful concert at St Marys Purton last weekend in aid of the roof fund.
- CHEDWORTH Singers hold their “Look at the World” annual concert on May 20 at Chedworth Village Hall. Soloist Victoria Jess will join the Singers again after missing last year's event. Proceeds will be divided between the Hope For Tomorrow mobile chemotherapy unit and Scrubditch Care Farm. Tickets from Neil Irving on 720 403. Adults £10, Children under 16 £5 with refreshments included.
- MARTIN Hutchings of GRCC came to the recent Parish Council meeting to give his analysis of the recent Housing Needs Survey results. He reported that the survey shows a need for only one affordable rented home, but a need for three low cost shared ownership homes. The previous survey in 2012 showed a need for nine affordable homes.
- THE Parish Council is progressing the mobile phone mast on the diggers plot by engaging a solicitor and heard that although the transmissions will only initially serve 02 it is highly likely that as Vodafone will be building the mast, they can be persuaded to share the mast to extend their coverage in the Chedworth Valley.
- THE Parish Council agreed to donate £250 to the Chedworth Show which will be held as usual on the August Bank Holiday weekend.
- THE Parish Council heard about the village hall’s exciting plans for extensions and layout changes to better accommodate the pre-school and meet Ofsted requirements. Plans have not yet been accurately costed but are likely to exceed £100,000.
- THE Active Together exercise class is held at The Westwood Centre, Northleach every Tuesday between 3-4 pm for £5. This class is aimed at those who are less active and need help with balance to prevent falls in particular. It is also for people with medical conditions who need gentle exercise to build up strength and co-ordination. The class can be taken either sitting or standing whichever is most convenient. As well as being beneficial, this class can be lots of fun with a few laughs along the way so do please join us.
- THE Northleach 10k and 3k Fun Run is taking place on Sunday, May 21. Registration opens at 9am, the 3k run sets off at 10am and the 10k at 11am. The Friends of Northleach Swimming Pool will be serving hot drinks, toast and croissants from 9am and running a BBQ after 11.30am. The Silver Sambistas will be back to entertain the crowds. For more information on these events, prices, and to register, check out northleachrun.co.uk or contact Tessa on email@example.com
- NORTHLEACH Mother and Toddler group meet every Monday morning at The Westwoods Centre from 9.30-11.30am during term time. Parents, carers and family members welcome, with little ones from new born to pre-school. For more information contact Maddi on firstname.lastname@example.org or facebook.com/northleach.toddlers.
- THE support group P3, a community based support service, operate a pop in session on Mondays between 9.30-11.30am at The Westwoods Centre. They offer support with housing issues, tenancy matters, debt and benefit advice.