- IF YOU wish to donate to Christian Aid, please return your envelope and contribution to the village shop before Saturday.
- OVER the past five years or so Liz Adey has been the church organist; however Liz is in the throes of moving to France and can only play the church organ in May and December. Oaksey Church is now actively seeking a replacement for Liz and would love to hear from any budding organists or pianists who may be able to help. This is a paid position of £500 per annum, which can be negotiated; in addition there is a payment of £100 for playing at a wedding and £70 for a funeral. Anyone interested should contact Nick Mangnall on 01666 577982, or email email@example.com.
- THROUGHOUT May the conservation and preservation of the 15th Century middle wall painting on the south wall of the church will be undertaken by the Perry Lithgow Partnership. You are welcome to pop into the church throughout May, on weekdays only, to check the progress.
- MARCH’S race night raised the incredible sum of £4,848, to be shared by the Injured Jockeys Fund, Oaksey Village Hall and Oaksey cricket and football clubs.
- THE Friends of Oaksey School meet tomorrow, 9.15-10.15am in the village hall.
- OAKSEY School has links with the University of Zurich and will be hosting a male student teacher for three weeks from June 3-25. If anyone has any accommodation available for these three weeks, please contact the school on 01666 577221 for further information. Meals will need to be provided and possibly some organised activity during the weekends.
Kemble/Somerford Keynes/Poole Keynes
- TONIGHT (Thursday) Gary Selwyn will give an insight about life in a charity Shop (Brake Charity) to the ladies of the Kemble and Ewen WI at 7pm in Kemble Village Hall. All visitors welcomed. Entrance £2 is and includes a hot drink and biscuits. Wine is on sale too.
- KEMBLE and Ewen Parish Council will meet in Kemble Village Hall at 7.30pm tomorrow for the AGM. Any resident is welcome. Time is allocated at the start of the meeting where the public can raise issues.
- THIS Sunday, as it is the annual Lee Abbey weekend, there is only one service of Holy Communion being held in the Benefice which will be in Rodmarton church at 11am.
- A FEW tickets are left for the screening of Lion for the Charity Premiere Film night with supper being held in Poole Keynes Village Hall in support of the charity Longfield Community Care Hospice on Friday, May 26. The dress code of posh frocks and bow ties dress code will be fun and add to the spirit of the event. Ring Judith for further details on 770301.
- NEXT Thursday, May 25 all welcome to Kemble Village Hall at 2.30pm when the speaker for the Kemble and District Royal British Legion women’s section meeting will be Dave Swaffer. Dave will give a presentation on Trekking to Everest Base Camp (almost!). Visitors (male and female) welcome.
- ON SATURDAY, September 9 an exhibition will be held to mark what would have been the 50th anniversary of the Kemble and Ewen annual village show in Kemble Village Hall. The show has not been held for a couple of years but this will be an opportunity to display memorabilia together with village archives stuff. Alongside, this Kemble Primary School will hold a former pupil/teachers school reunion. Many changes and developments have been made to the school especially in recent years but it still retains lots of history with old photos of pupils etc from over a 100 years ago.
- A RECORD number attended Kemble Church fete last Saturday. The aim was to bring together the residents from the ‘new build’ to a friendly and strong village community and it did, hence contributing to a record breaking £4,400 raised. To everyone involved it proved to be a job well done.