- THIS Sunday, May 21, The Great Tetbury Hospital Boules Competition will take place At The Royal Oak, Tetbury from 9.30am to 3.30pm. Teams of 3 to 4 people. All profits from the event will go to Tetbury Hospital.
- A COMIC book workshop is on Sunday, May 21 at Tetbury Goods Shed Art Centre. No experience is necessary. A variety of goodie bags, which will include a graphic novel/comics for at least 20 lucky participants and a few other comics related goodies. Tetbury Audi will be bringing down the futuristic Audi RS eight, similarly used by Tony Stark in the Ironman and Avengers films. Paper and pencils will be supplied. 10am-12pm and 2-4pm. Free although a donation of £5 to the Goods Shed Art Centre is suggested. For further information or to ensure a place, ring Kevin on 07745716547, email Cotswolds451@btinternet.com or visit shed-arts.co.uk
- THE next police open surgery meeting point at Tetbury Town Council Offices, The Old Courthouse, is Friday, March 24 from 10-11am or next Monday, May 22 from 11am-12pm.
- TETBURY Town council are inviting people to take part in the Goods Shed – Post Project Review by completing a questionnaire, either online by visiting tetbury.gov or by dropping in to the Town Council offices, The Old Courthouse, 63 Long Street, Tetbury.
- CITIZENS Advice Service in Tetbury Town Council Offices on Wednesdays mornings from 9.30am-12pm. Booking advisable 0808 800 0511. Free and completely confidential.
- FREE Plant Swap in Tetbury Library on May 27 between 10am– 1pm.
- TETBURY Police Museum & Courtroom is to trial opening on a Saturday, starting with the second Saturday of each month for the summer of 2017. They are looking for volunteers to help out. Speak to a member of staff, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01666 504670.
- GIRL Guiding book sale on Saturday, May 27 and May 29 from 10am-4pm at the Malthouse, just off the Chipping car park. If you have any as good as new books to donate them please bring them to the Malthouse on May 22 or 24 between 6.30-8pm, or call Sue Doidge on 01666 504361.
- THE Tetbury Woolsack Races Will take place this year on May 29. For more details visit tetburywoolsack.co.uk.
- TETBURY Footpath group next meeting is on Wednesday, May 23 at 2pm. Cars needed as this will take you down into Toadsmoor Valley from Eastcombe, through woods, pass lakes and return up Bussage Hill. Length: 5 to 8 km. Level: B/C. Leader: Diana 01666 502768. Visitors are asked to contact the leader of the walk in advance of the day of the walk. All walks start from the free long-stay car park by the old Goods Shed off Cirencester Road.
- THE next brick club meeting is tomorrow in the British School Room (from May 1 in the Methodist Chapel), 5.30 – 7pm for all ages. Free entry; all welcome.
- A CHARITY bingo, in aid of a different local charity each month, takes place tomorrow, 7.30pm for 8pm start in the village hall; 50p entry and 30p a book. Light refreshments available.
- CLEM’S club for chaps meets in the Methodist Chapel on Tuesday, from 2.30-4pm. All friendly fellas welcome for a drink and a chat.
- THE Gauzebrook Gallivant will take place on Saturday; this popular walk takes place around the eight parishes in the Gauzebrook group of churches. To find out more or to book your place, call Steve Ellis on 07752 567959 or email email@example.com.
- THE Church of the Holy Cross is holding a pet service at 9.30am, or any time after 9am for breakfast, on Sunday; all well behaved pets and their owners are welcome.
- THE Friends of Sherston School are hosting a Boden shopping party from 1-5pm on Saturday at Tally House, Grove Road.
- ON MAY 25 Theatre Club members head to Stratford-on-Avon for a trip around the town with the option of a boat trip.
Coates, Rodmarton & Tarlton
- THE Coates Gardening Club annual bring and buy Plant Sale will be held on Saturday, May 20 from 10am until 12 noon. This is always a popular event and an opportunity to meet friends over coffee and cake, with more cakes to buy.
- THE Coates Grande Fiesta Family Fun Day is on Saturday, June 17 between 1-5pm at Trewsbury Farm. Attractions include a fun dog show and pool match demonstration. Many other activities and stalls, cream teas, bar and BBQ. Entry £3 for adults, children free. Details on coatesparish.org.uk. Enquiries and tickets from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- THE Coates Grande Evening Fiesta is on Saturday, June 17 from 6.30-10pm at Trewsbury Farm (gates open 6pm). With live Latin American band 'Mariachiloco,' licensed bar and Argentinian Roast BBQ. Tickets, including food are £15 (£5 for under 12 yrs). There are a limited number of tickets, so you are advised to purchase tickets in advance. Details on coatesparish.org.uk. Enquiries and tickets from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- THE annual Rodmarton & Tarlton Fiesta will be held on Saturday, June 10 from 3.30pm at Rodmarton Village Hall. Cricket match, classic cars, dog show, BBQ, Pimms and real ale.