Judge refuses to remove restraining order which would allow husband and wife to spend Christmas Day together

Wilts and Gloucestershire Standard: Judge refuses to remove restraining order to allow husband and wife to spend Christmas Day together Judge refuses to remove restraining order to allow husband and wife to spend Christmas Day together

A FAIRFORD woman has been left completely heartbroken after a judge ruled against temporarily lifting a restraining order which would allow her to see her husband on Christmas Day.

At Gloucester Magistrates court last month, Judge Jamie Tabor QC, rejected the application by Daniel and Natalie Nash to allow them to spend Christmas Day together.

The seven-year order was enforced on Daniel in November 2010 after he admitted charges of violence towards her but since then Natalie has decided to give her husband a second chance and the couple have decided to reunite.

In October this year, Natalie applied to get the order removed and was told by Judge Tabor that he was deferring his decision until April 2014, although he did say they could communicate by phone and email.

The couple were in front of the judge again late last month and hoped Judge Tabor would remove the order temporarily so they could celebrate Christmas day together.

But Natalie was dealt a hammer blow when he ruled that the couple could not celebrate Christmas together.

“There is no words to describe how I feel. It is hard to cope without my husband Daniel but I still get to see him in January for our first marriage counselling appointment,” said Natalie.

“I fully understand where the judge is coming from but I really wanted to spend Christmas day with my husband. I don’t want to be on my own Christmas, no one does, so I am really heartbroken about that. I really want this order to be taken off because I’m madly deeply in love with my husband. People do change but no one will if they are not given second chances.”

The Nash's solicitor, Lloyd Jenkins, asked if the couple could reunite for Christmas Day and if they could have contact with each other for pre-arranged marriage counselling sessions.

Judge Tabor ruled against lifting the order at Christmas and allowed them to meet for counselling only.

He said: “I will lift the order to this extent, they may meet at the marriage counsellor's for pre-arranged meetings.

"When they come back in April we will see, if they are prepared to allow it, what the marriage guidance counsellor says about how they are getting on.

"I don’t want to stand between them - but this is a gradual process. I am seeking maturity and patience."

The order was placed on Daniel, of The Quarry, Fairford, after he admitted charges of common assault on his wife, harassment, affray, and threatening to damage property.

The couple are due back in court on April 1 to hear Judge Tabor’s decision and Natalie says she will not try and get the order lifted before then.

She added: “I will not go back to court before April because I don’t want to keep on at the judge as he has let us have contact. It may only be on the days we have counselling but that’s better then not at all.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree