14-year-old girl from Moreton-in-Marsh admits "horrific" knife attack on teenage boy.
4:26pm Friday 15th March 2013 in News
A TEENAGE girl has admitted slashing a 16-year-old boy with a craft knife leaving him with horrific cuts to his forearm and hand.
The 14-year-old Moreton-in-Marsh girl, who cannot be named, denied wounding the boy with intent to cause him grievous bodily harm but admitted a less serious charge of unlawful wounding.
She also admitted carrying the knife on July 31 last year.
The incident happened in a bus shelter in Moreton.
Prosecutor Julian Kesner said he was happy with the lesser charge as the girl had never been in trouble before or since, he said.
The case was heard this week at Gloucester Crown Court and Sarah Regan, defending, argued that it should be referred back to Gloucester Youth Court for sentencing.
Judge William Hart agreed. The girl will now appear at the youth court on April 4 for sentence.