SNOW: Update on roads across Gloucestershire
ROADS across Gloucestershire have become dangerous as a result of the snow.
The following roads have been identified as hazardous and drivers should avoid them where possible:
- The A435 from Cirencester to Cheltenham.
- The A435 from Charlton Kings to Seven Springs.
- The A429 at Fossebridge The A436 from Birdlip to Seven Springs.
- The A417 at Crickley Hill.
- The A429 at Stow Hill.
- The A419 at Cowcombe Hill.
- The A419 Little Witcombe.
- The A48 Alvington.
- The A4151 at Littledean, Cinderford.
- The A4173 at Brookthorpe, Edge and Stroud.
- The A46 at Stroud, Painswock and Brockworth.
- The B4362 at Cleeve Hill.
- Parliament Street, Stroud.
- The unclassified road from Nailsworth to Minchinhampton.
- The unclassified road at Toadsmoor Hill, Brimscombe.
Additionally, any high-level routes or steep hills should be avoided.
Teams from Gloucestershire County Council’s highways department are out treating key roads this afternoon and anticipate further runs following rush hour.
The latest Met Office forecast predicts an easing of snowfall over the weekend by low temperatures which is likely to impact on roads.
Gloucestershire’s Chief Fire Officer Jon Hall praised agencies across the county for their work in helping residents.