Devizes (House of Commons)
Mrs Claire Perry MP (Conservative)
Surgery: Renelec House
46 New Park Street
Surgery Tel: 01380 729358
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 13,005 Born - 1964, Married (Clayton), 3 children.
Education - Nailsea Comprehensive, Brasenose College, Oxford (Geography), Harvard Business School, MBA.
Previous Occupation - Business - USA and UK - Credit Suisse First Boston, McKinsey, Bank of America. Political Adviser to George Osborne.
Personal Overview - Succeeded the long-time Parliamentarian the Marquess of Lothian, much better known as Michael Ancram, in this seat at the 2010 General Election. She has a strong pedigree in the business/financial world and good links to her constituency having been resident in the area for more than a decade. Already active in national politics through her involvement with the Shadow Treasury team she is a likely candidate for frontbench promotion, a desire for which was a requirement of her local Constituency Party during their candidate selection process.
Political History - Member for Devizes (2010-). Member of the Justice Select Committee (2010-11). PPS to Rt Hon. Philip Hammond, Secretary of State for Defence (2012-).
Characteristics - Her husband is originally from New Zealand. Dog lover (ZinZan).
Business Tel: 020 7219 3000
Mrs Claire Perry MP (Conservative) on Twitter
Wilts and Gloucestershire Standard has no responsibility or control over the content on external blogging sites, but you can contact us if you have a complaint.
Interests: Agriculture,Business & Finance,UK Economy,Family Issues,General Economy,Health
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Child Protection (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Connecting Communities (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Environment Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Fairs and Showgrounds (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Female Genital Mutilation (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Primary Headache Disorders (Member)
- Historic Churches (Associate Group) (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for International Development and the Environment (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Group (Member)
- Parents and Families (Associate Group) (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Penal Affairs Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Pigs and Poultry (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Prison Health (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Prostitution and the Global Sex Trade (Treasurer)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Rural Services (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Sure Start Children's Centres (Member)
- United Nations Women Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Women in Parliament (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Women in the Penal System (Secretary)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Women's Sport and Fitness (Member)
- British-Canadian Group (Member)
South West (European Parliament)
Earl William of Dartmouth MEP (UK Independence)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 23/09/49. 10th Earl of Dartmouth.
Education - Eton. Christchurch College, Oxford. Harvard Business School.
Previous Occupation - Chartered Accountant, working in the United Arab Emirates (1975-77). Worked in the US for 6 years before returning to work in the UK in 1983 in finance, property and communications. Director, Hanson Transport. Chairman and Founder of Kirklees Cable.
Personal Overview - Former Conservative Peer who defected to the UK Independence party successfully gained election to the European Parliament at the 2009 elections. From a background in accountancy, he has worked in several countries, including the United Arab Emirates and US. A former Hereditary Peer, he lost his seat in the House of Lords in November 1999 in the Lords reforms of that year. Having reinvented himself as a UK Independence member he has the opportunity to use his accountancy skills to highlight any financial issues within the EU.
Political History - General Election candidate (Conservative) for Leigh (February 1974), Stockport South (October 1974). Succeeded his father to became a member of the House of Lords (1997-99). European Parliament candidate (1999). Joined the UK Independence Party (2007). Current prospective parliamentary candidate for Exeter. MEP South West Region (2009-). Member of the Committee on International Trade (2009-). Substitute member of the Foreign Affairs Committee.
Other Information - At Oxford he was elected Secretary of the Oxford Union.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: 32(0)2 28 49735
Interests: Business & Finance
- Foreign Affairs (Substitute)
- International Trade (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org